These are the aftercare instructions, please read them carefully and follow them, the correct healing process of your tattoo depends on that!
After getting a tattoo I will apply a plastic film (like for food), keep it on for two hours (because of the heat and humidity in Thailand), after that time remove the plastic wrap, wash your tattoo gently with antibacterial soap and cold water (if you don’t have antibacterial soap, just use water) to remove all surface blood.
Rinse with cold water, pat dry with a clean paper towel and leave like that. Keep it clean washing a few times a day for first two days. After 48 hours start applying sparingly a thin layer of healing lotion. Repeat 3 or 4 times a day for 10 to 15 days.
After 3 to 7 days, the tattoo may start to peel (this is normal, do not be concerned, it will look like a sunburn) and scab. DO NOT pick or peel the skin away. Let it fall off naturally. Colors may fade a little during the healing process, but they will return when the healing is completed.
Healing lotion prevents the tattoo form getting too dry and keeps the area soft and moist. Always apply very thin layer of healing lotion, rubbing it a little bit it in, but gently. Too much cream prevents the skin from breathing, and can cause leaching of the colors. If this happens, discontinue the cream, wash the tattoo, dry and contact me. After around two weeks, all scabbing will be gone, but the area may still be sensitive.
* Do not re-bandage the tattoo or put plastic wrap on again.
* Do not apply Vaseline, lanolin or petroleum based products.
* Do not apply alcohol.
* Do not rub, scratch or pick at the tattoo.
* Do not expose the tattoo to direct sunlight, swim or soak in sauna, steam bath orÂ bathtub during the whole healing process, that is very important!
* Keep tattoo covered from direct sunlight, keeping clean and soft clothes over it, but do not let anything scratch over the surface of the tattoo.
* When you apply the healing lotion make sure your hands are clean, do not let other people touch the tattoo to prevent any infection during the healing process.
After the tattoo is completely healed protect the color and its intensity by using a sunscreen lotion on sunny days or any prolonged exposure to direct sunlight (at least SPF-30 that provides UVA and UVB protection).
For special aftercare instructions please send me a message.
Keep your tattoos safe and take good care of them, after all they are for life 😉